Thomas Cook has offered its condolences to the parents of two children who died in a Corfu hotel but is pleased its reps were proved innocent. Six-year-old Robert Shepherd and his sister Christianne, seven, from West Yorkshire died from carbon monoxide poisoning at their apartment in October 2006. In a statement released yesterday, Thomas Cook said: “What happened in Corfu was a tragedy and the thoughts and sympathy of everyone at Thomas Cook will always be with the family and friends of Christianne and Robert Shepherd.” Representatives Richard Carson and Nicola Gibson were found not guilty by a Corfu court on Tuesday, although three workers at the Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel in Gouvia were sentenced to seven years in prison, including Georgios Chrysikopoulos, the hotel manager. Head of the hotel technical department Petros Stoyiannos and hotel electrician Christos Louvros were also convicted of manslaughter. “We have always maintained that this tragic accident was the result of a unique set of circumstances, none of which could be the responsibility of the company or Richard Carson and Nicola Gibson. We believe that they should never have formed part of this court case,” said Thomas Cook. During the trial, the court heard that carbon monoxide fumes leaked into the bungalow from a “decrepit” boiler in an outhouse next door.