Private investors buy out Mexicana

Private investors buy out Mexicana

A newly-formed group of investors and Mexico’s pilots’ union has purchased the parent company of Compania Mexicana de Aviacion (Mexicana) to secure the airline’s future. Tenedora K has bought 95% of the airline’s shares as part of the Nuevo Grupo Aeronautico SA agreement and the union’s General Secretary Fernando Perfecto confirmed it had the other 5%. Mexicana filed for protection from creditors in Mexico and under the US Bankruptcy Code on 3 August after it failed to reach cost-cutting agreements. The airline’s CEO, Manuel Borja Chico, left on Friday.

Gary Marshall
Written by:
Gary Marshall
Posted On:
Posted In: