Next MSC Opera cruise cancelled after breakdown

Next MSC Opera cruise cancelled after breakdown

MSC Cruises has cancelled the next cruise set to depart onboard MSC Opera after the ship broke down in the Baltics at the weekend. The ship was due to sail from Southampton tomorrow but MSC has called off the departure as its electrical team continue to work on the ship. MSC Opera had to be towed to Nynamshamn near Sweden last night after an electrical panel failed on Saturday. MSC said most services had been restored by Sunday afternoon and passengers had been offered a hot breakfast and drinks. It is now sending onboard guests home from Stockholm and issued passengers a credit voucher for a 10-day cruise valid until December 2012. “All affected passengers will be contacted and offered compensation,” its website said.

Gary Marshall
Written by:
Gary Marshall
Posted On:
Posted In: