Norway reassures Oslo safety to travel trade

Norway reassures Oslo safety to travel trade

Visit Norway has written to its trade partners to reassure them that Olso is safe for tourists. Director of tourism at Innovation Norway’s Per-Arne Tuftin said that security had been increased in Oslo following the bombing on Friday and travellers should expect passport and ID checks at airports to take longer than usual. He added that although some areas of the city had been shut off these were areas rarely visited by tourists. Oslo’s air travel, public transport, hotels, tourist attractions are operating as usual but tourists were warned that some events could be cancelled. “In these difficult times, our thoughts go out to the people who have lost members of their family, friends and colleagues. It will take time for us to heal and we are all extremely shocked that something like this has happened,” said Tuftin. “Oslo’s Police Commissioner declared the city safe at the weekend. People can move around the city freely, apart from in some of the areas around the Government buildings which are still closed off. These are areas that few tourists visit. In order to put people at ease, there is however an increased security presence in the city centre.”

Gary Marshall
Written by:
Gary Marshall
Posted On:
Posted In:
Travel Agents