More than half NYC trips to continue despite Statue of Liberty closure

More than half NYC trips to continue despite Statue of Liberty closure

The majority of British tourists will continue to take holidays to New York next years despite the Statue of Liberty’s closure, according to a new poll. Results from 10, 657 TripAdvisor users found that 58% of travellers would still travel to the city even though they will not be able to visit the landmark, which will be closed for a year from this October. The other 42% would consider postponing a trip to the city until it reopens in October next year. Tourists will still be able to visit Liberty Island but will not be able to go on a tour of the statue until its renovations are completed, which includes new staircases and elevators.

Mark Elliott
Written by:
Mark Elliott
Posted On:
Posted In: