The Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) has approved constitution of a new ‘Aircraft Acquisition Committee (AAC).
The new committee will consider, examine and make recommendations on all proposals for providing air transport services and for permitting import or acquisition of aircraft for various purposes. The ministry has also streamlined the procedure for consideration and approval of applications with timelines stipulated for various stages of processing.
The new AAC comprises Addition Secretary and Financial advisor as the Chairman. Other members in the committee include H S Khola, Former DGCA, Chairman of AAI, Director General – Civil Aviation, Commissioner, Bureau of Civil Aviation Security and Joint Secretary for Domestic Transport as the Member Convenor.
The Domestic Transport Section at the MoCA will serve as the Secretariat of the Committee. The AAC shall examine and appraise application/ proposals from the perspectives of air transport capacity required to meet the air traffic demand as well as the safety, security, financial, commercial and other relevant aspects of the proposal to ensure orderly growth of air transport services.
The AAC will make appropriate recommendations on the following category of proposals.
– Operation of scheduled air transport services
– Operation of regional scheduled air transport services
– Operation of non-scheduled air transport services
– Acquisition of aircraft for flying training institutes
– Acquisition of aircraft for private use
– In principle approval for import/acquisition of aircraft on request of the applicant to enter into long-term contract of supply with other parties like manufacturer, lessor or financer and also to plan their operations in future.
– Extension for initial ‘No Objection Certificates’ and import permissions.