The International Air Transport Association (IATA) will convene on cabin safety next month.
The association will host the first Cabin Operations Safety Conference in Madrid, Spain from 20-22 May 2014. “Cabin operations safety is an integral part of our overall commitment to safety of flight. The Cabin Operations Safety Conference provides a forum to address the most important challenges from a global perspective, bringing together key stakeholders from across the aviation value chain,” said Tony Tyler, director general and CEO at IATA.
The conference will discuss the following:
• Turbulence management
• Safety carrying lithium batteries and reducing dangerous good incidents
• Preventing and managing unruly/disruptive passenger incidents
• On-board usage of portable electronic devices
• Cabin crew training
• Inadvertent slide deployment prevention
• Safety management systems
• Fatigue risk management systems
The International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) will also lead a full-day workshop on the ICAO Cabin Crew Safety Training Manual.